Engage the hands
Warm the heart
Stimulate the mind
ROCKY MOUNTAIN FOLK SCHOOL
In beautiful Grand Lake, CO.
RMFS provides year-round learning experiences of traditional arts and crafts that engage the hands, warm the heart and stimulate the mind, in an inspiring and inclusive mountain lake community.
News & Happenings
Get to know Rocky Mountain Folk School! Come celebrate our open house and see demonstrations of pottery making and from the Rocky Mountain Wooden Boat School.
- June 22, 2023 (4–6pm) at 315 Pitkin Ave, Grand Lake
- Cocktails & appetizers provided
- Everyone welcome
- For more info email: email@example.com
- We’re looking for artisans to teach and join the start of a new adventure with participants! More»
- Have you been to our new building in town square?
- Be part of the start! We’re now accepting donations, which are tax deductible! Donate here»
- We need volunteers! willing to share their time and help their community. Sign up here»
- Sign up for RMFS emails, so you don’t miss any exciting news! More»
Wet Felted Cowl/Head Warmer
June 24, 2023 (9am-4pm) *OR* June 25, 2023 (9am-4pm)
Wet felting is the process of using wool, water and soap with agitation (rubbing and rolling) to migrate the wool fibers to create a piece of handmade fabric. This class is beginner friendly and fun for the more experienced.
Sep 23, 2023 (9am-4pm)
Using a combination of peyote and herringbone bead weaving stitches, students will make a pair of basket-shaped earrings in contrasting colors of Miyuki Delica glass beads and Japanese pinch beads.
Sep 24, 2023 (9am-4pm)
We will use a combination of ladder, tubular herringbone and square stitch bead weaving techniques to make a “peapod” bracelet in two color options. Increasing and decreasing with contrasting beads form the “peapod” shapes. For the clasp, students will learn how to make a beaded peapod-shaped toggle and a square stitch loop.
Please Note: We will follow all potential COVID restrictions regarding vaccines, masks and social distancing according to Grand County guidance and local positivity rates.
Stay in the Loop!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our (future) emails to get the inside scoop on new classes, the latest news, upcoming events and everything else in the RMFS world!